Serving the technologist for more than a decade. IT news, reviews, and analysis.
160 recent Posts
- Your grocery bag might not have been recycledLaws encourage recycling plastics, but verifying recycled content relies on tricky math.8 hours ago
- Garmin’s Forerunner 955 review: Still king for runners and cyclistsGarmin proves once again that it's the only choice for serious athletes.1 day ago
- AI voice generation helps mod Fallout 4’s narrow dialogue choicesMore than 300 lines added for cannibals, lunkheads, and other role-players.
- Two more dead as patients report horrifying details of eye drop outbreakEzriCare and Delsam products have been recalled, but outbreak is expected to grow.
- Microsoft wins battle with Sony as UK reverses finding on Activision mergerMicrosoft/Activision merger closer to approval as UK drops Call of Duty objection.
- ChatGPT gets “eyes and ears” with plugins that can interface AI with the worldPlugins allow ChatGPT to book a flight, order food, send email, execute code (and more).
- New value for W boson mass dims 2022 hints of physics beyond Standard ModelATLAS result contradicts Fermilab's exciting hint of physics beyond Standard Model in 2022.
- Huge collection of vintage Apple computers goes to auction next weekArs picks out some of its favorites from the 500-computer collection.
- Dealmaster: Savings on Galaxy and Pixel phones, desktop PCs, and moreThe best Android smartphone is now discounted by as much as 25%.
- RISC-Y Business: Arm wants to charge dramatically more for chip licensesArm is tired of seeing device makers bring in billions while it makes millions.