The Hacker News is the most popular, independent and trusted source for the latest news headlines on cybersecurity, hacking, computer security, cybercrime, privacy, vulnerabilities and technology for all businesses, information security professionals and hackers worldwide.
- Malicious KMSPico Windows Activator Stealing Users' Cryptocurrency WalletsUsers looking to activate Windows without using a digital license or a product key are being targeted by tainted installers to deploy malware designed to plunder credentials and other information in cryptocurrency wallets. The malware, dubbed "CryptBot," is an information stealer capable of obtaining credentials for browsers, cryptocurrency wallets, browser cookies, credit cards, and capturing
- Vulnerability Scanning Frequency Best PracticesSo you've decided to set up a vulnerability scanning programme, great. That's one of the best ways to avoid data breaches. How often you should run your scans, though, isn't such a simple question. The answers aren't the same for every type of organization or every type of system you're scanning. This guide will help you understand the questions you should be asking and help you come up with the
- Hackers Steal $200 Million Worth of Cryptocurrency Tokens from BitMart ExchangeCryptocurrency trading platform BitMart has disclosed a "large-scale security breach" that it blamed on a stolen private key, resulting in the theft of more than $150 million in various cryptocurrencies. The breach is said to have impacted two of its hot wallets on the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain and the Binance smart chain (BSC). The company noted that the wallets carried only a "small percentage
- 14 New XS-Leaks (Cross-Site Leaks) Attacks Affect All Modern Web BrowsersResearchers have discovered 14 new types of cross-site data leakage attacks against a number of modern web browsers, including Tor Browser, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, and Opera, among others. Collectively known as "XS-Leaks," the browser bugs enable a malicious website to harvest personal data from its visitors as they interact with other websites in the
- Pegasus Spyware Reportedly Hacked iPhones of U.S. State Department and DiplomatsApple reportedly notified several U.S. Embassy and State Department employees that their iPhones may have been targeted by an unknown assailant using state-sponsored spyware created by the controversial Israeli company NSO Group, according to multiple reports from Reuters and The Washington Post. At least 11 U.S. Embassy officials stationed in Uganda or focusing on issues pertaining to the