Post Politics from The Washington Post is the source for political news headlines, in-depth politics coverage and political opinion, plus breaking news on the Trump administration and White House, Congress, the Supreme Court, elections and more.
- Why Republicans should be nervous about their candidates for governorSwing state contests could shift the party balance and give the GOP more power, but election deniers could be the face of the party in some key races
- The Jan. 6 committee bet big with Cassidy Hutchinson. Did it pay off?The committee’s decision to accelerate her testimony has led to second-guessing, but also produced some of the most memorable hearing moments to date.
- He was prepared to kill Jan. 6 rioters. Now MAGA voters may give him a Senate seatClose friends since entering Congress together a decade ago, Reps. Rodney Davis and Markwayne Mullin met different fates Tuesday, both based on GOP voters reactions to the Capitol insurrection.
- Texas Supreme Court blocks order that allowed abortions to resumeTexas Attorney General Ken Paxton has said he is committed to making the state "fully pro-life."
- Top VA posts need filling as nominee fights refuted allegationsVeterans Affairs faces a major expansion of benefits and big modernization issues as top positions remain long vacant. One nomination seems doomed.