Global News offers Canadians from coast to coast a host of news and information - from breaking international news, national weather forecasts & predictions, local news videos, money and financial news, sports stats and scores to deep engaging content that puts complex world issues in perspective.
- Canada, India travel up 116% from last year as visa shutdown spurs fearsLast year, there were a total of 28,000 trips from India to Canada. This July, that number was 115.9 per cent higher than last year at 61,000 trips.
- Nijjar allegation: How mayors with large Sikh populations are reactingCanada has the largest Sikh population outside of India and more than half life in four cities - Brampton, Surrey, Calgary and Edmonton.
- Morocco earthquake impacted 2.8M people, minister saysThe 6.8 magnitude earthquake that struck on Sept. 8 killed more than 2,900 people, most of them in hard-to-reach mountainous areas.
- Shimano recalls 760K bicycle cranksets after injuries reportedCycling company Shimano is recalling some 760,000 bike cranksets in the U.S. and Canada due to a crash hazard that has resulted in several reported injuries.
- White House ‘firmly’ rejects any wedge between U.S., Canada over IndiaThe U.S. has not openly criticized India in the wake of the allegations as the Biden administration seeks deeper economic and diplomatic ties with India.
- Anxiety, uncertainty for Indian diaspora in Canada as visa services on holdDiplomatic tensions between Ottawa and New Delhi reached new highs Thursday after India halted visa services in Canada. Many in Canada's Indian diaspora are worried.