Space – SciTechDaily
Science, Space and Technology News 2021
53 recent Posts
- Moon’s Hidden Treasure: Lunar Water Map Unveiled by Pioneering StudyA new study using the now-retired Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) has pieced together the first detailed, wide-area map of water distribution on the...2 hours ago
- NASA Artemis II Milestone: All Major Structures of Moon Rocket Core Stage ConnectedTeams at NASA’s Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans have fully integrated all five major structures of the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket’s core stage...8 hours ago
- A Race Against Time: NASA Readies for Historic Asteroid Sample DeliveryNASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft is cruising back to Earth with a sample it collected from the rocky surface of asteroid Bennu. When its sample capsule parachutes...18 hours ago
- New Explanation Uncovered for the Mysterious Motion of Europa’s Icy ShellResearch reveals a new explanation for how the icy shell of Jupiter’s moon Europa rotates at a different rate than its interior. NASA’s Europa Clipper...
- A Stellar Achievement: NASA’s Webb Telescope Honored With Michael Collins TrophyNASA’s James Webb Space Telescope team was selected to receive the 2023 Michael Collins Trophy for Lifetime and Current Achievements. This annual award from the...
- Unlocking the Secrets of Distant Worlds: How Webb’s Coronagraphs Reveal Exoplanets in the InfraredThe examination of exoplanets is a central aspect of the James Webb Space Telescope’s scientific objectives. NASA invited Christopher Stark, the Deputy Observatory Project Scientist...
- The Far-Flung Origin of Life’s Building Blocks: Researchers Uncover “Completely Unexpected” FindingsImperial College London researchers have discovered the probable distant origin of Earth’s volatile chemicals, some of which form the building blocks of life, through the...2 days ago
- State-of-the-Art Artificial Intelligence Sheds New Light on the Mysterious First StarsBy using machine learning and state-of-the-art supernova nucleosynthesis, a team of researchers has found the majority of observed second-generation stars in the universe were enriched...2 days ago