Sputnik is a major new media brand with modern multimedia centers in dozens of countries. Sputnik is uniquely positioned as a provider of alternative news content and as a radio broadcaster. It offers a fuller picture of the world with a truly diverse range of views, Sputnik tells the untold.
- Videos: Czech Authorities Confirm 1st Death From Tornado, Number of Injuries Rises to 300 – ReportsPRAGUE (Sputnik) – The powerful tornado that hit the southeastern part of the Czech Republic on Thursday left at least one person dead and some 300 more injured, the Czech Television reported citing the Ministry of Health and the Interior Ministry.
- Spanish Authorities Order Autopsy After Death of Antivirus Pioneer John McAfeeAuthorities in Spain revealed on Wednesday that antivirus software creator John McAfee died inside his jail cell after a judge overseeing his extradition case ruled in favor of relocating the mogul to the US. Preliminary findings suggested that McAfee died by suicide, a determination that has birthed conspiracies around his death.
- Israeli PM Bennett Hints at Possible Involvement in Recent Attack on Iranian Nuclear Site - ReportOn Wednesday, Iranian media reported that a "sabotage attempt" at one of the country's nuclear facilities was foiled. Reports said that it was a drone attack on an Iranian centrifuge manufacturing facility outside of Tehran that purportedly caused damage to the facility.
- SADC Approves ‘Standby Force’ to Intervene in Mozambique, EU to Decide on Deployment in JulyAnsar as-Sunna claims to have joined Daesh, sending many scrambling to crush what they fear is the nucleus of a radical Muslim movement in Mozambique. However, security experts have said the poor region needs “dialogue and development” to root out radicalism and end the violence, not to be flooded with troops.
- Turkey Slams Honduras for Opening Embassy in JerusalemANKARA (Sputnik) – The Turkish Foreign Ministry has condemned the decision of Honduras to open an embassy in Jerusalem, describing it as a violation of international law.
- US Capitol Police Need Money to Keep Working After January 6 Riot Drains Budget, Senator SaysWASHINGTON (Sputnik) - The US Capitol Police Department needs an infusion of money to replenish a budget depleted by the January 6 riot, with a security crisis looming in August when the force will otherwise run out of money to pay officers, Senator Patrick Leahy said.
- About 650 Troops to Remain in Afghanistan After US Completes Pullout, AP ReportsRoughly 650 US troops will stay behind in Afghanistan to provide security for US diplomats in the country after the main force pulls out in July, according to US officials whole anonymously spoke with the Associated Press. The US was supposed to completely pull out by May 1, but later unilaterally extended the deadline to September 11.
- Oman Approves Sputnik V, Sinovac for Emergency UseMOSCOW (Sputnik) - Oman granted emergency use authorization to Russia’s Sputnik V and China’s Sinovac vaccines, bringing the number of approved COVID-19 shots up to four, the disease surveillance chief said Thursday.